Can I Ask For That Love?

we fought so much at my father's house I thought we would break up.
i cried almost every night or every day- i cried in the taxi, i cried in the bathroom, i cried in the movies by the mall. i cried so much I could not even see my best friend
someone i had not seen in five years. i cried so much i doubted my love for you
i doubted your love for me. i doubted the happiness that we have.
all that love, swallowed up by so much of their unhappiness. do you not see now
how they are a vortex of unhappiness? how cruel the world can be?
the attacks in Nice, the troubles of Dallas and the endless war in Syria?
all that blood and sadness and we still have eachother. knife stabbings in leytonstone
and we still can hold each other and watch the sun rise at 430AM in the London skies.
unhappiness does not follow, it lingers. lingers far away in those that harbor it.
we don't harbor it. it nearly was destroyed once we passed through the airport, once we slept and
woke up again, the next day. now, your touch, like before, sends jolts of electricity through me
we do not argue. i have not cried. i know we should see how it goes but i literally
think we went to hell and back and made it in a whole piece, closer, more in love.

Comments

Popular Posts