Left my Heart in Guantanamo Bay

I, I, I, I,

Under Ambush I found it
I tied it and gagged it
it never knew what would happen
if it lied to me
lied to me
It fraternized with the enemy
took what it had of me
for that its ventricles and arteries shall pay
you terror-stricken little heart of mine
come aboard this ragged boat of mine
from thunderous me-am-e
into the open iron arms of the blackest bay baby

I didn't really want anything to happen
I just wanted to bring it to my special island, island
were maybe we could both get re-hydrated
re-hydrated ooh ah
When we dock, I look around to make sure
there is no journalist to ever capture
what I am doing when I am doing what I am doing
This heart is just too big for this loving for this loving
ahh

ex-go the cargo
ex-go the embargo
the special forces know what's up, ill kick it to em
and the they will take em to the back area
and thats when the story goes the way it goes

I left my heart of Guantamo bay
It lays there screaming
I left my heart of Guantamo bay
its screaming get the CIA from me

I ignore it
I let it wait there
It is imprisioned under my spell
I do not want to see you
I do not want to hear you
you can go wherever it wants

I instruct them to waterboard it
I want you to put a mask on his face
and beat it to a pulp

I do not mind
if it is impractical or
if in malpractice it does not turn into
what I wanted it to be
counterterrorism

I know it is probably better
not to have severed
but
I also know
I can not deal with this other body
other body

I left my heart
on guantanamo bay
it lays there
weeping

i left my heart of guantanamo bay
it dying, pleading untie me.



Comments

Popular Posts