I know i am like my mother
she is gay but married my father
they separated but had two daughters
and a son who looks just like him
and she calls her father twice a week
like i have done
even though he didn't like the fact
she dated and married women
and my father is on and off 
with drugs and alcohol. 

I hate this back and forth with him and me
Has he read my poems and feel hurt? 
I was told i stay inside of myself
like i have my own world
and maybe I do. 

I can be forgetful, but it is scary when you feel
like you have no one in the world but yourself.
I thought we could have conversations talking about nothing,
maybe I am talking about nothing too much. 
I need to focus on myself, I think. 
Too much time and energy on the other. 
I know I can be like my mom sometimes
and that bothers me cause I don't know
if that means I will break hearts. 

I feel so alone sometimes. And when I speak aloud
to myself I know it is just me, but imagining  God
sitting next to me helps. 

Can everything I see be held up to me as truth? 

I try to be positive and sometimes I lose. 

I only have two best friends and I don't speak to them on a regular basis.

My sister is also one but she just lost her first love and I feel bad complaining. 

It is a constant whirlpool isn't it? I wish love was easier. 

Comments

Popular Posts