Yesterday's Children

I sat beside the church yesterday during the sunrise
the mumbled pious moans creeping from the Underwood 
made me weak and tired with the dreariness of it all 
but when I raised my head to curse at the void
the peachie-ness of the cotton tuffs hanging low 
awoke me from my insipid mind 
their sweet bright tearing claws made ribbons of the sky
and the concentrated downpour made a raging howl 
in turn my eyes burned from their scowls
so i let the rain shower my 
pupils and swim in my brown iris's 
those hungry growls made a deep pool within me
that only swelled
as the time progressed and I let my hate drown in it
what else can I dream up? What other dreams can be 
broken in and their wildness harvested?
I then walk to the children's park 
I once owned and played in, though now that word is foreign
in my mouth, distasteful almost
for what is playing anymore?
Once those words held a power unknown to any man, 
When time was a word in a book, 
I jumped off trees with plastic bags for wings
and tried a second time when the first failed. 

Comments

Popular Posts