Stranger's Delight

I know we do not know each other from Adam,
But I do not care, for there is always Eve.
She would be perfect to introduce to you,
A young lady like me.

You know, I have been wondering
Late into the night
What kind of
Tea you like to drink

Is it Oolong in the morning? Jasmine in the day?
and in the late hours, Green?

I bet your hair smells like ocean water,
and your skin taste like sand and the extract of
Vanilla Bean

Maybe it is just me imagining things
but it is hard not to dream

in between shifts I watch you speak,
I know I am a fool to admire, but you make me meek

So extremely easy
to remember your words, your
waterfall of vocabulary

I cherish every syllable your voice carries

Sound waves a brisk hello
thru the Atlantic and into my 
tantric prayers,

Meditation I hope you hear when you sleep

I know we are strangers, but if I die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul You take.


Comments

Popular Posts